If you want to serve your family a hearty yet guilt-free breakfast for the holidays, our Almond Pancakes with Berry Sauce are a perfect choice. With minimal prep work and classic flavors the whole family will love, these pancakes are sure to satisfy. In addition, they are packed with protein, which will help keep you full and prevent unwanted snacking. However, no one in your family will know these tasty pancakes are actually a healthy holiday breakfast!
This recipe makes about 10-12 pancakes, but you can easily double or halve the ingredients, depending on how many people you need to serve.
For the pancakes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups berries (You can use any combination of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries. Use fresh or frozen and thawed berries.)
- ½ cup water
- 1 packet stevia
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, butter or oil, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Pouring wet into dry, combine ingredients and mix until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Allow batter to rest for about 10 minutes. Preheat your electric griddle to 325 degrees Fahrenheit or put a large non-stick skillet over medium low heat.
- While batter rests, add berry topping ingredients to a small saucepan and heat on medium high. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and crush berries with a potato masher. Return to heat and boil for 2 more minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Spray your skillet or griddle with cooking spray and add about ¼ cup of batter, allowing a few inches of space between each pancake.
- Cook pancakes for 1-2 minutes per side. Do not flip until you see small bubbles form and burst on the surface of the batter. These pancakes may take slightly longer to cook through than pancakes made with just all-purpose flour.
- Hold pancakes in a low temperature oven until serving. Drizzle berry topping and serve. Garnish with lemon zest, if desired.